DON RANDALL'S CAREER
- Seconded WA MP Luke Simpkins' failed spill motion against Prime Minister Tony Abbott in February, 2015. He said "I can't go to a shop without them saying to me `You guys have got to do something about your leader'"
- Compared the plight of asylum seekers hoping to be allowed into Australia to betting on horses.
- Had to pay back $5200 for a taxpayer funded trip to Cairns with his wife in 2013, despite insisting it was within the rules.
- Accused the mining industry of being "pussy-whipped" by Prime Minister Julia Gillard at a Friends of Mining lunch at parliament house in 2011.
- Labelled public broadcaster the ABC, the "Gay BC".
- Member of the privileges and members' interests committee, 2008-13.
- Shadow parliamentary secretary for roads and transport, 2008-10.
- Shadow parliamentary secretary for energy and resources, 2008.
- Shadow parliamentary secretary assisting the leader of the opposition, 2007-8.
- Councillor for Belmont City Council, 1993-96.
- Elected into federal parliament for the first time as the member for Swan in 1996.
- Lost his seat at the 1998 election.
- Elected the member for Canning in 2001. Re-elected four times.
- Prior to entering politics, Mr Randall was a horse trainer and teacher.
Like us on Facebook →