“Golden Milk” is a great, tasty and incredibly healthy drink that is especially suitable for consumption in the evening, and the benefits are outstanding! The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. It contains curcumin, polyphenols identified as the main active ingredient that is present in more than 150 potential therapeutic activities, and includes antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Combined with pepper, the benefits of curcumin significantly increase.
Additional advantages Anti – actions, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
- Anti – carcinogen
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels
- Improves digestive health
- Liver detoxifier
- Regulates metabolism and weight management
- Helps with high blood pressure
- Great for better memory and healthy brain
- Effective in various skin problems
- Helps with neurological disorders
- Reduces triglycerides
With the addition of black pepper in dishes seasoned with turmeric the bioavailability of curcumin increases by about 1000 times, and it is credited to the peppers. This means that by mixing turmeric and pepper together, the body absorption of the turmeric increases up to 2000 percent.
Step 1: A turmeric paste
- 1/4 cup of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
Place all ingredients in a small bowl for cooking and stir well. Fire should be with medium strength and thereby you need to stir constantly until the mixture become thick. It won’t take long, so do not depart from the stove. Allow the mixture to cool, and then you can keep it in a small jar in the refrigerator.
Step 2: ‘’Gold milk’’
- 1 cup of almond milk (milk from hemp or coconut is also a good option, and we recommend also cow’s milk, but only if you are able to buy domestic natural cow milk from a cow that is not artificially treated)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more of turmeric paste
Combine all ingredients except the honey in a pot for cooking. Place the pot on the fire with medium intensity. While you heat the mixture you stir constantly and let it boil. Add honey to the end for taste.
Like us on Facebook →